- Technicians at the KGRK weather radar encountered a rattlesnake during an upgrade this week. The official NWS statement says “DUE TO COMPLICATIONS INVOLVING A RATTLESNAKE DURING TODAYS UPGRADE…THE KGRK RADAR WILL REAMIN DOWN THROUGH THE OVERNIGHT HOURS AND POSSIBLY INTO WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON.”
Why should you backup?
- Not lose your data
- Not waste money, effort
- Legal obligation (taxes, grant data policy, etc)
What makes a good backup?
- Local and offsite
- Multiple backups
- Harward and software independence
- Copies of raw and processed data (if possible)
- Archivable formats
- Incremental snapshots and clones
It’s not okay to “backup” versions of files like this!
Fun Paper Friday
Show - www.dontpanicgeocast.com - @dontpanicgeo - firstname.lastname@example.org
John Leeman - www.johnrleeman.com - @geo_leeman
Shannon Dulin - @ShannonDulin