It’s our 100th episode! Join us as we revisit some of our favorite Fun Paper Friday segments. Are you musically inclined? We are looking for new show music! Send us your audio, ideas, and suggestions for royalty free music!
Fun Paper Revisits
- Episode 19 – “The whole office is batteries”
- Meyer-Rochow, V. B., & Gal, J. (2003). Pressures produced when penguins pooh?calculations on avian defaecation. Polar Biology, 27(1), 56–58. http://doi.org/10.1007/s00300–003–0563–3
- Episode 22 – “It was like two Volkswagens Battling”
- Bolliger, S. A., Ross, S., Oesterhelweg, L., Thali, M. J., & Kneubuehl, B. P. (2009). Are full or empty beer bottles sturdier and does their fracture-threshold suffice to break the human skull? Journal of Forensic and Legal Medicine, 16(3), 138–142. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.jflm.2008.07.013
- Episode 76 – “You can’t runaway in an oxbow lake”
- Catania, Kenneth C. “Leaping eels electrify threats, supporting Humboldt’s account of a battle with horses.” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (2016): 201604009.
- Episode 59 – “You get a lot of bloat-ware, but you don’t get a compiler”
- Goodman, Allen C., et al. “A Few Goodmen: SurnameâSharing Economist Coauthors.” Economic Inquiry 53.2 (2015): 1392–1395.
Fun Paper Friday
Show - www.dontpanicgeocast.com - SWUNG Slack - @dontpanicgeo - firstname.lastname@example.org
John Leeman - www.johnrleeman.com - @geo_leeman
Shannon Dulin - @ShannonDulin